INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT
Have you been injured in an Automobile Accident?
Every year, thousands of drivers, passengers and pedestrians are seriously injured due to the reckless or negligent driving of another individual. Most alarming is that many of these incidences are never reported. Unfortunately for victims, most people do not know their rights. Crosland, Rapaport & Graham understand that these collisions are one of the biggest causes of major injuries and sudden fatalities in Connecticut.
Insurance companies are notorious for undervaluing victims’ damages in a car accident. Our Firm will handle all major accident and injury cases and are well skilled in dealing with insurance companies and adjusters. Unlike many other law firms, after you hire us to handle your car accident claim, we will dedicate ourselves to your case in order to implement a strategy aimed at maximizing the value of your case.
Knowing the law, and following the rules is important in recovering the maximum amount in your car accident claim. Rest assured that Crosland, Rapaport & Graham follow every law vigorously to ensure that you will not be in danger of losing your rights.
For an initial consultation about child molestation charges, contact Crosland, Rapaport & Graham at
|Future medical bills||Loss of wages (Due to time lost at work)|
|Reduced earning capacity||Pain and suffering|
|Emotional distress||Loss of Consortium (inability of marital relations)|
Why choose our accident injury lawyer?
Our attorneys believes in getting every last penny for our clients. We understand how to negotiate with insurance companies, and how to fight them in court. The damages we get for you include:
- Medical Expenses: We will get back all your past medical expenses, including all medical bills and costs, such as those incurred in the emergency room, hospital visits, doctor visits, MRI testing facility, radiologists, chiropractors, dentists, or any other treating professional that was necessitated as a result of your injury. Additionally, you will also get compensation for medical devices, such as crutches, braces or medical equipment used and purchased during your recovery.
- Future Medical Expenses: Our clients become clients for life. We understand that anytime you sustain an injury, the effects can be felt for years, or even a lifetime. We will work with doctors and other medical specialist to determine the full range of your damages and ensure that you get paid for all future medical treatments.
- Lost Wages: Time lost and injuries do not stop with medical care. Often times, car accidents effect your performance and even ability to go to work.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: Any serious injury or accident can severely affect your ability to work in the future. We will negotiate with insurance companies to obtain all lost future earnings.
- Mental Anguish: Victims of car crashes do not only suffer from physical harm. Damages often become mental, and could include fright, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief or feelings of distress.
- Loss of Consortium: This is when an individual loses a spouse or can not have normal marital relations.
- Property Damage: Property damage is simply the damage to your automobile or any other possessions lost as a result of the accident.
Which are the most common car accident injuries?
Car accidents can cause numerous types of injuries to victims involved. However, some types of pain are more common than others.
- Head and Brain Injuries: Head injuries can be minimal, such as a concussion, or can be extremely severe, such as traumatic brain injuries(TBI). Unlike some other types of injuries, brain injuries are not always immediately noticeable.
- Neck injuries and Whiplash: The sudden impact of a car crash will cause an individual’s head to suddenly jolt out of place. This may cause mild to severe forms of whiplash, as well as cervical encephalopathy or bulging disc injuries.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injury: Spinal cord injuries usually occur during catastrophic auto accident injury and may lead to permanent damage or even paralysis. Less severe types of back injury include sprain, bulging disc, strain, fracture, thoracic spine injury, lumbar encephalopathy or a lumbar spine.
Broken Bones, fractures and joint damage: The force of a vehicle colliding with a person’s body is the main culprit here.
- Face injuries: A person’s face is exposed during a car accident, which may lead to severe scarring or fractures. Damage can result from impact from broken glass, steering wheel, airbag, dashboard or flying objects.
- Psychological Injuries
What should you do after a car crash?
If you have been involved in a car accident, make sure you take care of your safety, and the safety of those around you first. We will never put the client’s claim in front of their health. With that said, it is important that you follow these steps immediately following an accident:
- Make sure everyone around you is safe. We simply cannot stress this enough
- Do not talk to the other party regarding fault or liability.
- Contact the local police department and report the accident.
- Photograph and document the accident. Take as many pictures as necessary. Take pictures of all other vehicles involved in the accident as well Document as much of the accident as possible before you forget, including: (1) Where it happened, (2) How it happened), (3) the time of day and weather at the time.2
- Exchange information with the other parties involved. It is important that you document all their information, such as insurance info, policy number, drivers license, name, phone number and address. Additionally, take a written description of other cars involved, such as make, model, license plate number, and even the vehicle identification number if possible.
- Collect all witness information. In situations where fault is at issue, witnesses can be your best source for proving that the other party was at fault for the accident.
- Never speak to the insurance companies. Insurance companies are skilled at getting you to make statement that will hurt your case. Allow us to do the work for you. You should simply focusing on getting better, and going on with your life.